Red Security

Full Version: Password Issues:
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

I have just recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 on a virtual-box; it is to be used as the base for a server based project that I am working on. I installed it, but I have a reached an issue where I need to input a password: (see attachment)

Any help would be appreciated.  Heart Heart Heart Big Grin

-- Sh7nk-Z0id
I had never used Ubuntu just once and it was on my friend laptop.
(09-25-2017, 06:55 AM)Mr.Kurd Wrote: [ -> ]I had never used Ubuntu just once and it was on my friend laptop.

Heart Heart  It is pretty good, I like it because its visually appealing. But it wasn't the first distro I started with, that was Linux Mint and I hated that.. I don't know why though, I think it wasn't visually appealing.. its a problem  Big Grin Big Grin
(09-24-2017, 08:29 PM)Sh7ank-Z0id Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all!

I have just recently installed Ubuntu 16.04 on a virtual-box; it is to be used as the base for a server based project that I am working on. I installed it, but I have a reached an issue where I need to input a password: (see attachment)

As far as i can see while installing you opted for encrypt your home directory and with that option you were prompted for a password. That's the password you need to use for using your home directory.