Discord Server Red Security Twitter Donation to Red Security Red Security Youtube Channel Red Security Tumblr Profile
Login or Register to Hide ads and Accessing all features on the forum

Tutorial 

How to browse safely.

11 Replies, 20799 Views

Since the internet is a source of malicious content everyone should know how to ensure their safety.
It doesn't matter which OS you use.

First of all get yourself a, preferably paid, Antivirus software, such as Norton or McAffee.
Another very important thing is to always have an updated system running. If there is a new update available, instantly download it, they updated for a reason.

Now that is all said, we will set a browser through which we use the internet. We will combine privacy and safety, and to ensure your privacy you must avoid a U.S. search engine such as Google, Duckduckgo and Chrome. Instead consider using startpagina, hosted in the Netherlands.
Another thing we can do to ensure our privacy is using VPN's and Proxy's. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Best is to use both AND do research on your VPN.
If you have to option to go on a free public wifi hotspot, preferably don't. 4G is way safer. If you really want to use the public wifi, at least use a VPN.
Also check if you can add plugins to your browser, if you can you at least should use the following plugins:
1. Noscript. Noscript blocks scripts on webpages, so you can decide whether you still run it or not. Also it tells you why it is blocked, for example if its a possible clickjacking attack.
2. Selfdestructive cookies. This plugin gets rid of a site's cookies after you close the site.
3. Https everywhere. So you always have your data nicely encrypted.
4. FoxyProxy. This plugin makes it easier to configure your proxy's. 
5. Ghostery. This plugin adds up to your privacy.
There are still a lot of other great and usefull plugins, you should see if there are anymore to your liking to add.
If you go on the internet, using the Tor-server might also be a good idea. Mind yourself, Tor isn't safe on itself. Before you use it do some research on it.
Another thing you can do to improve your security is using a Virtual Machine, if it gets infected you can just delete it [Image: wink.png]
Last but not least, be aware of the threads. If you know how you can be exploited, you also know how to avoid having your system pwnd.

If I missed anything or made some kind of mistake just tell me, im not perfect...

Greetz, the Box.
(And help me convince kurd to make me admin, cuz I am usefull Wink
I am in control, so should you.
(and Mr.Kurd should make me adminWink
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 08:44 PM by Outside the Box.)
You wont become Admin Wink
Nice thread keep it up bro Smile
And add three more extensions:
1-Ghostery.
2- HTTPS Everwhere.
3- FoxyProxy.
Rs
* Thankful to Allah *
Kurdy
(11-05-2017, 08:03 PM)Mr.Kurd Wrote: You wont become Admin Wink
1-Ghostery.
2- HTTPS Everwhere.
3- FoxyProx
Is keylogging software ever important? 
(08-30-2018, 05:19 AM)MinusMouse Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 08:03 PM)Mr.Kurd Wrote: You wont become Admin Wink
1-Ghostery.
2- HTTPS Everwhere.
3- FoxyProx
Is keylogging software ever important? 

it is not a bad idea to use Anti Keylogger which encrypt keys but it is better to use your brain and check the computer for malware and logger manually. Try having a firewall.
Rs
* Thankful to Allah *
Kurdy
Also Add that Run most software inside the virtual machine. Some software from the internet appear free but it is a trial, Uninstalling it may not even help. A virtual machine can mitigate the costs of resetting a physical computer.
[Image: SMCLbackground.jpg]
Startpagina is Enhenced by Google..., Duckduckgo, still the default Tor shearch engine and they erase there data, well duckduckgo is way better then google, but you can use Disconnect to.

if you are looking for an Anti-Keylogger, here is a great one
| https://www.spyshelter.com/ |

Sorry, but hopefully Duckduckgo is Hosted in Ireland not in US..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

sudo eval ./Matrix.exe
#MR3
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018, 10:27 PM by MRichard3X3.)
I dont believe he ask for admin.
[Image: PoLcwTr.gif]
(09-25-2018, 08:54 PM)DarkCode Wrote: I dont believe he ask for admin.

Believing or not, he is asking for admin. People think that being admin is fun -.-' They don't know that being admin means having more responsibility and that you are not free like others.
Rs
* Thankful to Allah *
Kurdy
(09-25-2018, 09:14 PM)Mr.Kurd Wrote:
(09-25-2018, 08:54 PM)DarkCode Wrote: I dont believe he ask for admin.

Believing or not, he is asking for admin. People think that being admin is fun -.-' They don't know that being admin means having more responsibility and that you are not free like others.

I know right.
[Image: PoLcwTr.gif]
Lots of this stuff already comes in Tor. I often use a VPN along with Tor Browser when I want to browse safer. I almost always use a VPN or Tor on this website Wink