Discord Server Red Security Twitter Donation to Red Security Red Security Youtube Channel Red Security Tumblr Profile
Login or Register to Hide ads and Accessing all features on the forum

Tutorial 

HTML 1: What is HTML?

0 Replies, 3147 Views

In The Name OF Allah
Al-Salam Alekum

What is HTML?
Quote:"HTML First developed by Tim Berners-Lee in 1990, HTML is short for HyperText Markup Language. HTML is used to create electronic documents (called pages) that are displayed on the World Wide Web. Each page contains a series of connections to other pages called hyperlinks. Every web page you see on the Internet is written using one version of HTML code or another. "
(Source)

Look at this page for getting an example of HTML pages.

Let's start making our first page; You need an editor for coding a page in HTML, We have Leaf in Linux as a default editor and Notepad on Windows, but I prefer Notepad++ on Windows, HTML has its own extension which recognized by the system or a browser as a webpage ".html", so When we save our file or our page after coding it we will save it with .html extension i.e redsecurity.html.

Write down this in an editor then save it with a name i.e "redsecurity.html"; then open it with any browser:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
   <html>
     <head> <title>Red Security</title>
     </head>
      <body> <h1>Red Security Forums</h1> <p>:)</p>
      </body>
   </html>

You will see a page titled "Red Security" and inside the page written "Red Security Forum" That is a webpage.

How to start coding our webpage?

First What is HTML Elements?
Quote:HTML elements are the building blocks of HTML pages
(Soruce )

Elements are started and indicated by using tags: <elementname> Element contents written here </elementname>

We need to talk about what is Tags?
HTML consist of elements so for controlling the page and lo
ok and feel of the page we have Tags "Open <>  and Close </> Tags",  i.e this "<p> Text goes here</p>" We have an element here which is p (Paragraph) so here tags controlling the paragraph and indicate the start and end of an element which is the paragraph.

For starting an html page we have two element which is required for writing a html page:
1- HTML

2- Body

Code:
<html>
<body></body>
</html>

<html> element indicate the start of our html page, and every code written in html goes <html>Here</html>; body contain the html contents. Let's add content to the body:

Code:
<html>
<body>Red Security Forum</body>
</html>

1- Write it in an editor:
[Image: p_920lcv2k1.png]

2- Save it with redsecurity.html
[Image: p_920w76pt2.png]

3- Open it with any browser congra on your page:
[Image: p_9205b5vy3.png]

Thanks for reading Heart I'm done, if you have any question write it down below.

Wa Salam Alekum
Rs
* Thankful to Allah *
Kurdy
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 08:56 AM by Mr.Kurd.)

Messages In This Thread
HTML 1: What is HTML? - by Mr.Kurd - 07-09-2018, 08:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Tutorial HTML 2: What is DOCTYPE? Mr.Kurd 0 12,914 12-27-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Mr.Kurd
Big Grin Tutorial Rolling text in HTML Mr.Kurd 0 1,741 07-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Heart Two helpful books for learning HTML, CSS and JS Mr.Kurd 2 2,769 11-01-2017, 08:54 PM
  Tutorial HTML Tutorial Website Miss4ulove 2 2,892 10-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Ghost
Big Grin HTML Linking an image Mr.Kurd 0 1,798 09-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Question Tutorial HTML language Mr.Kurd 2 2,898 05-24-2017, 02:59 PM